The concept of doing something different seems pretty simple, but in the moment of a binge, it can be very difficult. So, here’s a fun project. Make yourself a big beautiful sign that says “DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.” Put in on your refrigerator, cupboard, pantry, wherever you go when you binge. On the back of the sign, make a list of other things you can do! For example:
1. take a walk
2. dance around your living room
3. do crossword puzzles
4. play scrabble online ( www.scrabulous.com)
5. go outside
6. call a friend, family member, support person
7. go to a cafe
8. acknowledge and try to sit with your feelings
9. think about how you want to feel later (allow yourself to see your decision through to the end)
10. visualize something positive
11. go to a 12 step meeting
12. go to yahoogroups.com (search OA, overeaters, AA, etc..)
13. do your hair
14. brush your teeth/floss your teeth
15. light candles or incense
16. shower/take a long hot bath
17. lay down and rest or go to sleep if tired.
19. write a letter/email
20. read old letters/emails
21. take a soothing bathtub with lavendar oil
22. create a collage
23. paint a picture
26. go to church/synagogue
27. watch a dvd or go out to the movies
29. breath/meditate/stretch/do yoga
30. bring food to homeless people
31. volunteer or research volunteer opportunities at volunteermatch.org
32. go visit patients in the hospital
33. step outside
34. cross things off your to do list
35. spa day in your home. hot oil treatment, manicure, pedicure, facial, etc…
36. go out for a manicure/pedicure, etc.
ALTERNATIVE FOR QUIETING THE CRITIC
37. look at pictures of friends
38. listen to old voicemails
39. make a gratitude list
40. tell the critic it’s wrong and list the reasons why
41. externalize the critic
42. scream at (into) pillow
43. scream outside
44. throw rocks outside in nature, into the ocean perhaps (not at a person!)
45. go to a kickboxing class
46. go out dancing with friends
47. allow yourself to receive love and validation from loved ones.
Mindful Eating Guided Meditation
Receive a calming, relaxing, guided meditation to help you eat mindfully and enjoy your food without without overeating or under eating...
All you need to do is enter your email address below.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter for Tips, advice and engaging stories that will help you to Stop Binge Eating, stop obsessing about food and start living the life you were meant to. Unsubscribe anytime if the newsletter is not for you.
Online Binge Eating Treatment - LEARN MORE!
EVIDENCE BASED INTERVENTIONS THAT REWIRE YOUR BRAIN TO:
- STOP BINGE EATING
- AUTOMATICALLY MAKE HEALTHY CHOICES
- GAIN A FEELING OF PEACE AND CALMNESS IN YOUR BODY
- RECOVER FROM BINGE EATING FOR GOOD