Wake up in the morning and before you do anything, before you get out of bed, before you brush your teeth, think about what your intention for that day is. Just choose one. Think about it, visualize it, see yourself achieving it and hold onto it for the day.
Ideas for daily intentions.
- I will eat slowly and mindfully today. I will let myself eat when I’m hungry and stop when I’m satisfied. Just for today.
- I will go just for today without binge eating. Just for today.
- I will go just for today without purging. Just for today.
- I will not compare myself to anyone else today. Just for today.
- I will not say mean things to myself today. Just for today.
- I will drink 8 glasses of water today. Just for today.
- I will refuse to engage in aggressive driving or road rage. Just for today.
- I will floss my teeth before bed. Just for today.
Write it on a post it note and post it on your desk at work or your computer, or in your purse or wallet so that you can remember that one intention for the day.
Each day day that you set and stick to an intention will help increase your confidence, self esteem and help you on your road to recovery.
What are some of your daily intentions?