1. When you are eating alone, don’t eat in front of the TV, internet or with your iPhone. Put your food on a plate and eat with nothing but your food. It’s easy to binge when you’re not mindful of your eating. When you are sitting there looking at your food and thinking about it, there’s more of a chance that you can catch yourself before you start mindless eating.
2. Don’t eat in your bed, on the couch or in your car. Keep your meals isolated to a table. Not a desk, not in front of your computer but at a table made for eating.
3. Eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking and eat protein at breakfast. This will prevent blood sugar plunges and get your metabolism moving for the day and ensure that you don’t get too hungry – this way, the hunger doesn’t sneak up on you suddenly and kill your resolve not to binge.
4. Drink plenty of water- stay hydrated throughout the day. People confuse thirst with hunger all the time. Make sure that you’re drinking your water.
5. Have healthy, crunchy snacks on hand, such as apples and unsalted almonds and walnuts. This will keep you from foraging through the cabinets or the vending machines for quick energy at 4pm.
6. Breathe and meditate daily. It will help increase mindfulness to give you coping mechanisms other than eating.
7. Get out of your office at least once a day and walk around the block. Get some air, clear your mind, and don’t get stuck in the mucky mire of work. This will revitalize you better than a snack.
8. Exercise daily. This just means 30-60 minutes of something enjoyable. Walking, tennis, swimming, yoga, dancing alone in your room, pushing a stroller for 1/2 hour, just getting out and moving your body. It doesn’t mean you have to spend hours on a treadmill or with weights daily.
9. Sip on chamomile tea throughout the day to enhance your mood. Chamomile tea leaves have a calming effect and will reduce anxiety and the stress that sometimes causes bingeing.
10. Get a binge free buddy to call when you feel like bingeing.
Mindful Eating Guided Meditation
Receive a calming, relaxing, guided meditation to help you eat mindfully and enjoy your food without without overeating or under eating...
All you need to do is enter your email address below.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter for Tips, advice and engaging stories that will help you to Stop Binge Eating, stop obsessing about food and start living the life you were meant to. Unsubscribe anytime if the newsletter is not for you.
Online Binge Eating Treatment - LEARN MORE!
EVIDENCE BASED INTERVENTIONS THAT REWIRE YOUR BRAIN TO:
- STOP BINGE EATING
- AUTOMATICALLY MAKE HEALTHY CHOICES
- GAIN A FEELING OF PEACE AND CALMNESS IN YOUR BODY
- RECOVER FROM BINGE EATING FOR GOOD