The most important move to make in healing from binge eating or bulimia is to always move forward past the binge. So, next time you binge, rather than saying to yourself, “okay, no dinner.” or “now I have to go to the gym for the next 3 hours to work it off…” or “no carbohydrates for the next three days,” or “now I can’t eat for another 24 hours…” or, “okay, i’m going to binge for the rest of the day since today is shot…” instead you say to yourself, “okay. I binged. I need to leave the binge here and go forward. My next meal is going to be a healthy one.”
Because when you try to undo a binge, you stay in it. You are stuck in the past trying to make it not have happened and then you get yourself into a cycle, either a binge-restrict cycle, a binge-purge cycle, or a binge-exercise cycle. And all those cycles lead to more bingeing. You want to get out of bingeing and the only way to do that is to leave the binge where it is, in the past– without compensating for it, and without undoing it.
So, if there were any Saturday night binges let go of the idea of any big diets today. Instead, today, vow to take care of yourself. Eat a healthy breakfast, drink lots of water, take a nice walk, get some fresh air, give yourself kind words, forgive yourself for bingeing, be compassionate with yourself and move past it into health and normalcy.
Other Posts That Might Interest You
- Friday Q & A- I feel that food is overpowering my life
- Friday Q & A- Help, I’m obsessed with food
- How to Stop Calorie Counting
- 10 Ways to Get a Healthy Body Now
- Friday Q & A- How can I become motivated to lose weight?
- 101 Positive Body Affirmations
- Try talking to your food!
- How To Lose 5 pounds In 2 Days
- Friday Q & A – I’m out of control with food and I feel helpless
- I Can’t Stop Eating Carbs!