With much love and credit to the nearsighted owl. http://www.nearsightedowl.com
1. Dieting is a temporary state of deprivation and therefore an ineffective way to lose weight. As soon as you return to your normal eating habits, you will regain the weight.
2. If dieting was a solution to a problem, most people would only ever have to diet one time in their lives ever. But it’s not.
3. Dieting makes you grumpy and unpleasant.
4. Dieting turns people without binge eating issues into people with binge eating issues.
5. Dieting takes your mind off of more important pursuits of life and turns you into someone hyper-focused and even obsessed with losing weight.
6. Dieting can cause you to stop doing things you used to find enjoyable, such as spending time with friends or at social events because you dread being around non-diet friendly foods.
7. Diets teach you to measure your worth in terms of numbers on the scale, calorie counts and grams of carbohydrates instead of nurturing the lovely person that you are.
8. Diets force you to reject your current life and look toward a different life that you might never have. They cause you to wait to live your life with passion until you are thin. You don’t have to wait, you can choose be happy now.
9. Diets can drain you financially, especially if you’re constantly spending money on new diet books, or diet foods or special foods or training programs.
10. Diets can set you up for self-esteem issues. Because they are a set-up for failure for 98% of the people who diet, each time a diet doesn’t work, it causes you to evaluate your self worth according to a system that is set up for you to fail.
What should I do instead?
Think about making a lifestyle change and just make one small change a week. For instance:
Week One: Add a fruit to your breakfast each morning.
Week Two: Add a salad or a vegetable to your lunch each day.
Week Three: Cut down from 3 sodas per day to 1 sodas per day and substitute with water.
Week Four: Take a walk each afternoon after your lunch.
Make it work for you and your schedule. Think about what you could do for the rest of your life and each week add one small thing to make that change sustainable. Slow methodical change is the way to make change last a lifetime. Sudden unsustainable change is the way to set yourself up for failure.
Check out this old post, how can I lose weight without dieting?
Need help to stop dieting? Try this hypnosis session to help you stop dieting and start eating intuitively.
CREDIT TO THE NEARSIGHTED OWL FOR PHOTO.
Mindful Eating Guided Meditation
Receive a calming, relaxing, guided meditation to help you eat mindfully and enjoy your food without without overeating or under eating...
All you need to do is enter your email address below.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter for Tips, advice and engaging stories that will help you to Stop Binge Eating, stop obsessing about food and start living the life you were meant to. Unsubscribe anytime if the newsletter is not for you.
Online Binge Eating Treatment - LEARN MORE!
EVIDENCE BASED INTERVENTIONS THAT REWIRE YOUR BRAIN TO:
- STOP BINGE EATING
- AUTOMATICALLY MAKE HEALTHY CHOICES
- GAIN A FEELING OF PEACE AND CALMNESS IN YOUR BODY
- RECOVER FROM BINGE EATING FOR GOOD